Q1. How long does the microblading take?
For the first Microblading session, the entire procedure should take about 2.5 - 3 hours. During this session, the brow technician will shape and style the client’s brows for client approval. We then follow with pigment color selection. Once the client is satisfied with the choices, we begin the procedure.
Before you arrive to your first appointment, to guarantee the best possible aesthetic outcome, we ask that you adhere strictly to the ‘Before Care' recommendations outlined below and 'After Care' instructions which you'll be given on the day of your appointment.
The client is to come in for a follow up visit in order to have any minor necessary touch ups. The second Microblading session takes place after 4-6 weeks after the initial session. This session will take approximately 1.5-2 hours to complete.
Q2: How healing works after the treatment?
This is unique to each client and dependant of their skin type, however this is a general outline. After microblading the client will see the eyebrows going darker up to 3 days after. The colour will then fade sometimes considerably, up to 80% in the first week or two. The skin will go scabby within the first week post the procedure and these scabs should not be pulled away. It is recommended to keep the area dry for up to three weeks to get the best results, using Vaseline after the first week when showing, swimming or exercising will assist. Any facial creams, makeup on the area or above the area will impact the final result.
Q3: How long will the eyebrow colour last?
Dependant on the skin type. Drier skin usually retains the pigment for up to 18 months. Oiler skin types generally 9 months, as the oil can push the pigment out. Skin care techniques retinol, AHA and vitamin A, C and E should be avoided prior or during the healing process.
Q4: Do I need to come to a follow up touch up?
This is vital for the best results. Due to the healing process some of the pigment will be pushed out by the skin. The skin also regenerates every 29 days which means during this renewal process of the superficial layer of the skin some of the pigment will be lost. The touch up replaces any strokes or section that have come away.
Q5: Must a retouch be within 4 weeks?
Touch up sessions should not be done earlier than 4 weeks after initial microblading session as pigment color has not fully settled into the skin. Most importantly, this is to prevent scar damage as the tissue requires time to completely heal.
Q6 : What to keep in mind?
The strokes will remain defined however if after care is not followed and harsh products are used the strokes may look merge giving a blurring appearance or a change in the pigment colour.
Q7: How do I get the best results?
Keeping the eyebrows dry, dry, dry. It is recommended for up to 3 weeks with the first week imperative. Makeup on and above the eyebrow is to be avoided to alter the colour and absorption.
Q8: What do you think of the microblading for mature women?
I love doing mature women’s eyebrows. The transformation is amazing. With the natural aging process hair thins consequently our eyebrows become thin and sparse. Due to the slowdown of collagen production and reduced rate of superficial skin layer turnover microblading/feathering has longer lasting results.
Q8: What are the pre and post care procedures?
In order to achieve the best results, Rachel recommends it is best to follow the pre and post care instructions:
• Avoid alcohol and aspirin/ibuprofen and any vitamins that may thin your blood for 72 hours.
• Avoid tanning so we can assess your natural skin tone.
• No face scrubs or chemical peels at least two weeks prior.
• Feel free to come in with your brow makeup on so our technician can see your every day look you prefer. Reference pictures of shapes and colors of brows are always welcomed. We will then work together to create the perfect brows!
Q9: After your procedure, clients MUST follow these instructions:
• Within 2 hours after the procedure, clean brows using a q-tip and lightly moisten with distilled or cooled downed boiling water. Gently wipe away the old healing balm and any lymphatic liquid (clear yellowish liquid) that may have built up. Lightly pat dry with tissue and using a new q-tip, re- apply healing balm to the brows.
• Do not immerse brow area in water for 14 days. When showering, make sure to avoid face area. When cleaning or washing face, make sure to avoid brows and clean around it.
• Do not put makeup on the brow area for a minimum of 10 days. Microbladed area is an open wound, using makeup may cause infections.
• Avoid alcohol and aspirin/ibuprofen and any vitamins that may thin your blood for 24 hours.
• Brow area will feel slightly itchy as it heals and will start to lightly scab over. Do not peel or pick at the scabs as this can affect the outcome and pigmentation.
• Do not go swimming, tanning or into saunas for at least 14 days.
• No face scrubs or chemical peels at least 2 weeks after.
Q10: Who is not suitable for the procedure? Those who:
• Use accutane
• Have heart conditions or using heart medications
• Have diabetes (will require a physicians note)
• Have skin disease or irritations
• Have had botox in the past 2 weeks
• Have gotten a deep tan or chemical peels in the last 2 weeks
• Allergic to lidocaine, prilocaine, benzocaine, tetracaine or epinephrine
• Anyone who has a serious medical condition will require a physicians note
• Pregnant or nursing clients who want to microblade can be done at your own discretion.
We suggest discussing with your doctor first. Microblading is still considered a tattoo, and just like with wine or sushi consumption, it is a personal choice to do so during this period.
Q11: What are the risks and complications?
We take all proper precautions for a safe session by using sterilized equipment, new needles and in a sanitized environment. Should clients follow our pre and post care instructions, there should be minimal risks or complications . Although allergic reactions to the pigments are rare, it could be possible for certain individuals. We suggest a pigment patch test for individuals who have high skin sensitivities or are sensitive to:
• Topical makeup products
• Gold, silver and nickel
• Hair dyes
Patch tests should be performed 5-7 days prior.
What is Brow Lamination?
Brow lamination is designed to straighten the brow hair resulting in an instantly full, lifted and fluffy
brow. Many people are mistaking LAMINATION for Microblading, it enhances each natural, individual hair stroke that much!! The process essentially involves straightening eyebrow hairs using Brow Code's LUSTRE Lamination Kit with it's unique step by step treatment guide, so that all hairs stand in the desired direction. This treatment has INSANE results teamed with our Brow Tint.
Preferable teamed with Brow Code's Brow Tint due to the hair being very porousafter Lamination. Our formula is also VEGAN FRIENDLY
Q13: Who is brow lamination the best for?
EVERYONE and anyone!!!! Brow Lamination will make a thin brow appear full within 30 minutes as-well as a
more full brow appear fuller and more fluffy!
Q14: Are there are pre/post-procedure things people need to follow?
i.e. not wearing makeup, not getting brows wet?
Yes of course, like most brow treatments - Do not wet the brow for 24 hours and avoid going in saunas.
Q15: How long does it last? What's the maintenance involved?
It lasts up to 6-8 weeks. Each morning your Laminated brows will require styling by brushing and setting in
place. You will also need to apply the Brow Code Brow Growth Oil daily to restore the brow hair
Indus valley henna kit : Elleebana one shot lash lift kit
Q16: Cosmelan depigmentation treatment
Pigmentation concerns are a growing, global issue; they affect more than 90% of adults over the age of 50. Regardless of skin color, they are a significant issue because of their unattractive appearance and negative psychological and emotional impact, affecting quality of life.
Skin hyperpigmentation is caused by abnormal production of melanin, the pigment responsible for skin color, and is a consequence of uncontrolled, localized overproduction of melanin by the melanocytes, causing irregular skin coloration and dark spots.
Cosmelan® is a professional depigmentation method which has an intensive corrective effect on skin hyperpigmentations whilst regulating the overproduction of melanin in the melanocytes, inhibiting and controlling the appearance of new dark spots.
Its efficacy is based on its double mechanism of action that on the one part has a corrective effect, eliminating the hyperpigmentation and, on the other, a regulating effect, controlling the overproduction of melanin and in this way preventing the appearance of new spots in the long term
More than a treatment, cosmelan® is a complete method that involves a single session, which can be performed at beauty clinics and dermatological or aesthetic medicine practices, and a home maintenance treatment.
Details of the session:
The session entails the professional applying the cosmelan 1 face mask which is then left to work for 8 to 12 hours, according to the phototype and sensitivity of the skin to be treated. After this time has elapsed the mask is removed at home.
48 hours later, the follow-up phase in your home is started with the application of the cosmelan 2, hydra-vital factor K cream and the moisturizing sun protection SPF50+ .
This follow-up phase is carried out for 7 months to achieve an optimal result and prevent the reappearance of spots.